12.10.2011

Summer in the cage

Tonight I watched a documentary film about a man's experiences with bipolar disorder (Manic depression) 'Summer in the cage'
Ben Selkow's documentary follows his friend Sam for seven years as he suffers delusional manic episodes and battles with depression in an attempt to escape the legacy of his bipolar father - who committed suicide when Sam was eight years old.
I think this film goes some way to showing the emotional impact this mental illness has on the sufferer, family and in this case - filmaker. Putting a human face to the illness and exposing the true extent of mania as it unfolds.
You can watch this film free on youtube through a channel called FilmBuff.

I did a few pages in my sketchbook in an attempt to illustrate it.
Rather displeased with the 'dyphoria' page but I'm trying to work on different typefaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment