10.27.2011

Graphic arts


One of our first little tasks.
'Draw an Ouroboros'
Naturally I decided to make mine out of sweet wrappers.
I swear my sketchbook is just full of litter!


I really like the idea of this symbol though.
I think it'd make a cool tattoo.



The Ouroboros (or Uroborus)[1] is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. The name originates from within Greek language; οὐρά (oura) meaning "tail" and βόρος (boros) meaning "eating", thus "he who eats the tail".[2] The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (the mythical phoenix has a similar symbolism)

No comments:

Post a Comment